Board Retreat 2021
All members are welcome to attend our Board Retreat. Give us your feedback and help shape our great assocation.
We will have lots of time for networking, planning and of course, having fun as we build on our 2020 successes as THE BEST Large Chapter of the Year.
We are a diverse and friendly group of facilities professionals who enjoy sharing knowledge through networking. Founded on March 18, 1982, Denver is one of the original chapters in the association. With nearly 400 members, the Denver Chapter of IFMA is the one of the largest in the Southwest Region of the United States and ranks 5th largest Chapter in IFMA overall with 130+ chapters and more than 22,000 members worldwide in 2020.
LOCATION UPDATE: Empower Field At Mile High, 1701 Bryant Street, Denver, CO 80204 | 720.258.3000
MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES
Unless you are seated at your table and are actively eating or drinking!
SOCIAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES
From the time you park and throughout the entire event.
ARRIVE EARLY! TEMPERATURE CHECKS AND A HEALTH SCREENING ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY
If you are feeling sick or will not pass the screening, stay home!
• Each event space and all furniture are sanitized before and after your event
• COVID-trained housekeeping staff will be present, actively sanitizing high touch point areas during your event
• Our team uses EPA approved chemicals meant to combat the spread of COVID-19
• We will have boxed items for food. Plenty of snacks and drinks throughout the day. Breakfast will be bagles and muffins with fruit and coffee/tea. Lunch is a boxed sandwitch with chips and a cookie. Snacks: popcorn, cookies, mixed nuts, chips n dip. Lots of soda, waters will be available throughout the day.
WHAT TO BRING: Just plan to bring your budgets, ideas and thinking caps!
CONCERNED ABOUT ATTENDING AN EVENT?
Here are some of the changes we’ve made to make events at Empower Field at Mile High safer for our guests!
- Reduced capacities in each event space, restroom and elevator
- Extensive signage for proper mask-wearing, social distancing and COVID-19 symptoms
- Signage indicating designated entrances, exits & (when necessary) event flow
- All staff are COVID trained and have additional COVID training specific to their jobs
- All staff, event hosts and vendors must pass the same screening as guests before entering
- UV-C lights installed on escalators to reduce bacteria
- Upgraded to more efficient air filters and added bipolar ionization to our HVAC system to improve air quality and flow
- Over 500 touchless hand sanitizing stations added throughout the building
- Upgraded restrooms to be entirely touchless, including toilets, sinks, soap and paper towel dispensers
Have any concerns during your event? Find your event host or one of our staff members and we’ll find the correct person to
address your concerns.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS AN EVENT GUEST - HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONS:
•My temperature this morning is greater than 100.4?
•Have you tested positive for COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) in the past three weeks?
•Have you been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
•Do you have reason to believe that you, or anyone with whom you’ve had close contact may have been exposed to
COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
•Have you had a fever at or above 100.4 degrees or taken any fever-reducing medications (e.g., Tylenol or Advil) in the
last 48 hours?
•Are you currently experiencing a cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, shortness of breath,
unexplained headache, chills, body aches or pains, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, and/or runny nose in the last 48 hours?
•Have you been in close contact with anyone who currently has a cough, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal
congestion, shortness of breath, unexplained headache, chills, body aches or pains, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, and/or
runny nose in the last 48 hours?
•Have you traveled internationally in the past 30 days?
•Have you had close contact with anyone who has traveled internationally in the past 30 days?
Serve as the resource and representative for facility management in the greater Denver Metropolitan area and beyond.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Denver Chapter of IFMA is a professional organization dedicated to connecting, advancing and promoting the Facility Management profession through informational and educational interaction.
GOAL I (STAKEHOLDER)
Support an organization that promotes vitality, momentum, and impact for the facility management profession.
GOAL II (OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE)
Anticipate, prioritize and commit the resources required to enhance effective delivery of member benefits and services.
GOAL III (PEOPLE PERSPECTIVE)
Acknowledge excellence and inspire passion for the Denver Chapter that compels facility stakeholders to engage in the IFMA network as volunteer leaders.
GOAL IV (FINANCIAL PERSPECTIVE)
Sustain the chapter's financial strength to achieve and fulfill our mission.
GOAL V (DIRECTION OF DONATION FUNDS)
Directing donations from the Denver Chapter of IFMA to the IFMA Foundation and charitable organizations.