April Knosh & Know 2021
April 29, 2021 | 11:30 AM MDT - 12:30 PM MDT
Add to Calendar
April 2021 Knosh and Know
Presenters: Sean T. Convery, PE; Principal/Mechanical Engineer (Cator, Ruma & Associates, Co)
Date/Time: 04-29-2021 (11:30-12:30)
Description/Title: CU Anschutz Health Sciences Building Mechanical Systems Case Study
The CU Anschutz Health Sciences Building is a new large multi-use building with great opportunities for energy savings, integrating multiple systems for common benefits and the challenges of a 7 story atrium in a complex building. This presentation will focus on the following topics from a mechanical point of view:
- General overview of the building and the types of mixed use within this iconic building.
- Intelligent High Efficiency energy recovery system for laboratory and vivarium spaces.
- Indirect evaporative cooling for the exhaust air upstream of energy recovery coils.
- Integrating a Tier 3 data center cooling system with the energy recovery system for additional efficiency.
- Lighting Controls and HVAC integration.
- Challenges with a 7 story Atrium in a complex University building.